Monday 7 May 2012

But that's not all folks... Matchbox Shrine the second...

Being a glutton for punishment I signed up for two entries in the Matchbox Shrine Swap - so here's the second shrine I made for scrappyyo/Yolanda. She had also asked for an open theme, but with "no pink fluffy cuteness" - not specifically being a pink person myself I can go for that!

So I went with purple... and lime...

This time it was a Swan Vesta matchbox, and I kinda went with the style of *the* matchbox I got from Kate Crane with the little handle do-hickey at one end... the cover was painted with purple acrylic paint and then various letters were mod podge'd on top. I then cut the letters A B C together with their shadows using my Cricut Mini and stuck them on top.

Following on with the alphabet theme there's a sheet of alphabet primer cards in one of TH's paper stacks which are almost the perfect size to fit in a Swan Vesta matchbox, so I cut them out, trimmed them a little and then coloured them in using my Pro-markers.

I then divided them into 2 piles, A-M and N-Z, and glued them back to back in order, sandwiching a piece of ribbon between them.

The ribbon was then glued into the base of the matchbox tray and covered with a piece of card which I had coloured using TH's wrinkle-free ink method (sweep 2 colours of distress ink across your craft sheet, spritz with water and drag your card thru it...) I'd been having a play and made a whole batch of pieces of cardstock approx 6"x4", just perfect for cutting up and using on other projects!

The other end of the ribbon was sandwiched between another two pieces of the same cardstock and one of TH's phrases stamped on top - I love this saying, it can be applied to almost everything I do lol...

I liked it, Yolanda liked it - so job done xx

7 comments:

misteejay said...

Gosh, you have been busy. Love the colours on this and that saying is super.

Toni xx

jill said...

Lovely altered matchbox . I like the coulours you have choosen as well .

BEX said...

It is yet another superb matchbox Suzie and the colours are indeed lovely.

misteejay said...

Hi there, just dropped by to see if you have got your "Tim" pens yet.

I picked mine up today and although it was a sealed pack there were two missing. If you have yours or are going to get them this weekend - check to see that you have a full set.

Toni xx

Linda M. Cain said...

Ha! I LOVE your name! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

Have a wonderful day,
Linda

fatmonica said...

I don't know how I missed this!It's great.I love the purple and lime!

Magda said...

Great colours, love the idea!