Tuesday 26 May 2009

Jiggy piece - Kikimama23

Space...
... the final frontier... not exactly what Chrissy had in mind, she meant astronomy, nebulae, comets, planets, the moon's surface etc - but every time I thought about this piece the opening theme to Star Trek came flying into my mind...

So I emailed her: 'how do you fancy the Starship Enterprise wombling across the front of your piece?' and her response was that she'd love it as she loved sci-fi - what a result!

In the end I couldn't find a small enough model of the NCC-1701 Enterprise that I liked, so instead went with a slightly converted model of 'Thunderbird 1' which came from my ex-husbands 'Starfleet Battles" miniatures collection...

The title is printed using an old Dymo reel printer as it reminded me of the computer graphics they used in the original Star Trek series.

1 comment:

kikimama said...

Tee hee, this is fab! Love the story too, lol.