Monday 25 May 2009

Jiggy piece - Aliblack

Birds
... no Disney or cutesy... so this is as far away from that as I could think! Another mini-book made using the Bind-It-All, but this time I was able to actually use the jigsaw piece itself as the back cover to the book and bind it along with the front cover and the pages inside.

The mini book contains the poem 'The Raven' by Edgar Allen Poe which I love (altho I can't get over the mental image of Homer Simpson enacting the part for a 'Simpsons Treehouse of Horror' episode, in which James Earl Jones narrated the poem and Bart Simpson chimed in with all the "Nevermore" 's...)

The picture on the cover is from Crafty Individuals, it isn't a raven at all (actually looks more like a blackbird!) but it's kind-of a play on words... I hope Alison likes this - she did say that she would love a poetical feel so she gets 6 pages of poetry!

No comments: