Monday, 6 February 2012

I too have snow...

...just never got around to posting about it yesterday lol... but we had a considerable dumping on Saturday night... my fella and I left for the pub at 9.15pm and there were just one or two flakes lazily floating around... by 10.30pm there was a light dusting on the pavements but the roads were too wet for it to stick... when we left the pub at 12.30am after the band had finished and started to walk home, it was deep enough everywhere to come over the top of my trainers... and they have rocker soles on them so we're talking a good 3 inches here in places... and it was still hammering down... by the time we got back to the flat we both looked like Nanook of the North!

Here's my back garden, photo taken @ 2am ish, I was wide awake and couldn't sleep... the light is so weird in this picture, I know it's due to low cloud and light pollution from street lamps, but it looks almost sepia... well strange...

This morning my fella picked me up as usual at 6.50am so I could start work at 7am (yawn...) and we had great fun watching Southend Council workmen playing with their new toys... 2 quad bikes towing gritting hoppers... they were trundling over the pavements on "the patio from Hell" which replaced Victoria Circus roundabout... can't complain too much because by the time I left work at 2pm the pathway down to the station was totally snow and ice free. Got a taxi home (hey I'm not that daft to walk home in that stuff!) so am home all cosy, dry and catching up with stuff. Oh, and looking up Youtube video's and forums for the Cricut Mini - getting all excited now... hopefully (weather permitting) it'll be here by the end of the week and then I'll be a very happy bunny!

(Oh, and the winning streak continues: no, not the lottery or Euro-Millions, altho I did buy tickets this weekend just in case!) but I won the raffle at my crop on Saturday, got a lovely new flourish border punch from EK Success - I'm on a serious roll here!)

1 comment:

gillyb's crafting blog said...

I LOVE this pic - I thought it was a picture from 70's - very nostalgic. thanks for sharing it.