Friday, 20 May 2011

May update... Fit the Second

Just got back from the vets, my poor little Tommy has spent the nite there and will be there again tonite. He'd not eaten for 2 days and was breathing very heavily and looking very sorry for himself. My friend Tim had called round last nite and took one look at Tommy and within 45 minutes we were at the vets being seen. They stuck him (the cat, not Tim!) into an oxygen chamber overnite and hooked him up to diuretic drugs as he had fluid on his lungs, seems to have done the trick overnite as he's looking much perkier this afternoon.

I'd rung this afternoon to see how he was doing and they said I could come and visit him - so I shot up there for a good long cuddle. I asked whether I should bring him anything: clean pyjamas, grapes, magazines... vet laughed and then said "oooh no, no grapes - they're poisonous..." thats a new one on me so will have to ensure I don't keep any out on the cupboard top in case he eats one... raisins too apparently...

Anyways, hopefully I can bring him home tomorrow, lord only knows how much the bill will be cos it's over £330 already (£104 just for the out of hours consultation - gulp..)... all donations greatfully recieved...

No comments: